Monday, February 2, 2009

The Hazards of Owning a Nice Red Parrot

Today was a milestone. After running hundreds of miles, a couple of thousand of miles bike riding, and swimming a few hundred yards in the past decade, I suffered my first notable knee injury this morning when I bent down to retrieve Hina our female parrot (when she flew off her perch to hide in her favorite hiding spot -- a clear violation of house rules). That was almost enough for me to fry her up for dinner.

But then shortly after I got home after a long day at the office, she proceed to bite both the spousal unit and me, hard enough to draw blood. We were simply trying to spray some moisturizer on her plucked areas. We are both now nursing our wounds and killing the pain with some nice Chimay Blue (that's real nice Belgium bier for you unfortunate statesiders). At least getting nailed by a parrot twice in one day has it's rewards. Cheers.

No comments: